Everyone who is on the road has a responsibility to drive safely and take proactive measures to prevent accidents. Truckers and trucking companies who are on the road for a living are also expected to follow the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR). Unfortunately, many truckers and trucking companies take short cuts and cut corners in an attempt to raise profits, and that carelessness and negligence risks the safety of everyone on the road.
INJURED IN A TRUCKING, TRACTOR-TRAILER OR 18-WHEELER ACCIDENT?
At The Brewer Law Firm, our trucking accident attorneys are committed to helping accident victims in Phoenix and throughout Arizona receive the compensation they deserve. We represent individuals who were injured in truck accidents caused by:
- Negligent truck maintenance: Many truck accidents could be avoided with routine maintenance checks. Maintenance checks should catch bad brakes, bald tires and other hazardous conditions.
- Unsafe driving: Driver error is one of the biggest causes of trucking accidents. Unsafe driving includes speeding, unsafe lane changes, following too closely, using alcohol or drugs, or driving in bad weather such as snow, rain storms, high winds and dust storms.
- Violations of the FMCSR: Federal safety standards exist to increase safety on the road. In an attempt to increase profits, truckers and trucking companies often violate safety standards, including driving too many hours, failing to properly record driving logs, driving with heavy loads over the weight limit, and unsafe transportation of hazardous materials, including explosives or flammable liquids.
- Unsafe company practices: In addition to violating federal safety standards, trucking companies have other careless practices that can lead to accidents. Trucking companies may cut corners by creating unsafe driving schedules, failing to train drivers and careless safety inspections.
- Hiring unsafe drivers: Some people should not spend their lives behind the wheel. However, that does not stop companies from hiring unfit drivers, including inexperienced drivers, drivers with bad driving records, drivers with multiple speeding tickets, or drivers with bad vision or other health concerns.
EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS ON YOUR SIDE
If you were injured in a truck accident, we’ll work hard to help you receive the compensation you need. You can rely on us for immediate, thorough investigation of your case. For a free initial consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers, complete our online contact form or call 602-254-9813 today. Hablamos Español.